Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Friday, November 19th, 1999

Dear Journal,
Tomorrow I'm dying my hair. I haven't been able to decide which color - but then - I have this wig from Halloween, it was long and black. I was so bored so I put in on, I was messing with it and started to cut it. I ended up cutting it up to my chin. I looked so good! I wish I had really thick hair, 'cause then I'd cut it that short. Maybe I will eventually. So I think I want to dye it black, it will look so different!

Wish me luck!

Laura Leigh

Some teenage girls are tiny and cute and gorgeous. Other teenage girls, like I was, are awkward and mousy and horrible. We think we can solve the problem by doing wretched things like wearing blue glitter eye shadow or dying our hair black. I blame my mother for not saying, "Laura Leigh, I love you, but do your best to just blend in for the next few years."

No comments:

Post a Comment