Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, March 19, 2010

Sunday, June 14th, 1998

Dear Journal,
Today Leah is staying over, she is also staying over tomorrow night, as her mother is out of town. I was supposed to go sailing today with my friend Sarah, but the weather didn't permit. For lunch today my mom fried up my fish that I caught yesterday, it was so good! Leah came over around 2:15.
Today I did this neato thing with my hair, it came out kind of screwed up, but it was cool! While it was wet I wrapped it in strips of socks and let it dry, when I took it out I scrunched it and clipped some to the side. It looked neat.
Leah and I just hung out today. We also went swimming in my freezing cold pool. Tomorrow is my last full day of school!!
After Friday school will be out, I mean, I'm glad it's summer, but I won't have lots to do. A lot has changed this year, including friends. The only person that I have grown closer with from last year is Leah. The other day in school we wrote letters to ourselves, our English teacher will mail them back to us next year. I gave myself the best advice I could, and I wrote who I am not friends with anymore. Maybe by the time I get the letter things will be very different - who knows.

Laura

Things were NOT different when that letter arrived in my mailbox the next year. I had officially entered my neato-loser phase. It was a long, dark road I traveled, but at least I had some great hair ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I found the letter I wrote myself in my room when visiting M&D recently. It made me cry, it was so sad how lonely I was back then and how little self esteem I had. I would never want to go back in time and experience that again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just snorted out loud at your "neato" hair style. ohmigod. still laughing. i love this.

    ReplyDelete