Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, August 27, 2010

October 22, 2004

A girl from my school died during the rioting after the Red Sox won. I felt pretty bad about it until Kelly showed me her picture. We had a class together last year. She was a really sweet girl. I can't stop crying for her.

-LL-

I still think about Victoria from time to time. I will never forget, I had just left my dorm room to go out for the night and Kelly called me and told me to get on a computer and find her photo. I stopped at the computers on the 2nd floor of the LB and looked her up. My skin started burning when I saw her picture and realized who she was. After that I sent her parents a card and recounted how nice she had been to a girl in our class that everyone else had no patience for. A writing teacher of mine in high school once told us that when her teenage son died of cancer, she found solace in the cards that strangers sent her, telling her stories about him. I thought that they may like to know that their daughter actually was a good human being.

1 comment: