Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, August 30, 2010

Saturday, May 13th 2000

Dear Journal,
This week went by fairly quickly. I'm glad it's the weekend!
Last night I had over Leah, Leanne, Kristen, Sarah, Jess, Cat J and Age. It was a farewell Boy Meets World/Age's B-Day celebration it was fun! We went in the pool for the first time this year!
Today I went to the mall and movies. We saw this movie, Center Stage, about a girl pursuing her dream to be a dancer. It was a really great movie!
I never write much about emotion any more it seems, when I still feel just as much, I'm just becoming less & less likely to put it into words. I was really struggling, as recently as a week back, my own identity was starting to scare me, but in truth, there was really nothing to be afraid of, because everything is really great. Naturally there are always the burdens of school-related and social stress, but nothing I can't handle.

Laura Leigh

The identity of a 15-year-old girl = scary stuff.
And for the record, I still like that movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment