Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, August 27, 2010

October 21, 2004

Last night the Yankees fell to the Red Sox. In game 7 of the ALCS, in our own stadium. We fell hard. I was devastated. I cried and cried and wished to fall asleep while all around me Boston rioted.
Today I mourned. I dressed in all black and allowed myself to ache, and ache I did. It hurt so badly. It truly broke my heart.
I am, however, coming to terms with it. And the Yankees, well, they'll be back. This I know.

-LL-

That was 100% serious. An awful night that I will never forget. When some of us say we're serious about our teams, we mean it.

2 comments:

  1. when you hear me laughing from all the way up in Boston, just know that underneath all that I still love you....i wouldn't want you to cry yourself to sleep or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You won't be laughing this year!

    ReplyDelete