Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, August 30, 2010

Wednesday October 25th 2000

Dear Journal,
This past weekend we went upstate to visit Ryan. It was a nice trip, seeing the foliage and everything! This week is basically like every other, school's going well, it's a bit boring though, it needs a little spice, which will hopefully exist soon!
I'm really enjoying my writing class though, I've learned how to do so many different forms of writing! She really liked the last poem I handed in and recommended that I submit it to a literary magazine!
Laura Leigh

Ahh, I must have been published in Teen Ink a solid ten times. I even won an award. Publications for students are crap ... they lead us to believe that we're talented and that getting our work published is a breeze. It's only once we're broke and useless with a BA in creative writing that we realize just what magazines like Teen Ink really are- A FALLACY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment