Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuesday, May 11th 1999

Dear Journal,
It's pretty pathetic to read my entry from Sunday, and then realize how I am feeling right now. I am rotting. Today was the worst day I have had in a long time! It's just torment. My mom thinks I I should go to a private school next year. Part of me is SCREAMING to, and the other part of me- I don't know, I just don't know. I would feel terrible leaving my friends, but then I think of myself, I don't want to feel like this, I don't deserve to feel like this. What terrible thing did I do to deserve to suffer so immensely? Every time I think about it I cry. Now ... It hurts so much and I don't know why. Even if I left I'd have to face them in Melville. Hmm, I am fourteen I shouldn't have to decide this, I shouldn't be so afraid to be there. But every day is suffering. Every day hurts. My poor friends, poor Leah, how can she put up with me, with the way I fluctuate? God, I hope she isn't hurting like this. I don't know. I don't know how to fix myself. Oh God, please just help me, please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE.

Laura Leigh

I guess I was having a bad day. I'm pretty sure that I blocked out most of 8th grade.

1 comment: