Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, April 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 30th, 2004

Dear Journal,
I just had a fabulous two days! Aside from two days off of work, I had so much fun. Yesterday was the long awaited Red Sox vs. Yankees game! I went into the Bronx with Leah, Katy and her friend mid-afternoon. Leah and I had both made shirts 'cause we're cool like that. Mine said "I love Mel," on the front because I'm obsessed with the Yankees pitching coach, even if he could be my grandfathers! Leah's said "I love Bernie," because Bernie Williams really is the best! The backs of our shirts said "Where's Travis?" although we both know that our luscious short-term first baseman will likely not be returning. We tailgated in the parking lot before the game started at 7. We got wasted. Leah and I were belligerently drunk. We lost our voices from screaming through the entire game. We screamed at all the Red Sox, and their fans of course. We made a lot of friends in our row because the guys thought we were fucking hysterical. We had pretty good seats and we had an absolute blast!! Right before the end of the game we ran downstairs to the seats right behind the field. It was awesome. The Yanks won 11-3 and we had the most insane time!
When we got back into town we met some of the girls at Country Corner and I stayed drunk throughout. We smoked with some guys at the bar, including an old dude, and we were all piss drunk when we walked home around 3. Today we went to the beach. It was glorious. We had some great swim time in the waves and some good nap action in the sand. Tonight we chilled at Annie's. I've been having a fucking blast!

Laura Leigh

Nothing cures a hangover like the beach.

1 comment: