Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, April 23, 2010

Wednesday, July 7th 2004

Dear Journal,
My friends and I have far too much fun with our lives- we really do - it's just ridiuclous! We're like little boys; were awfully immature, especially our senses of humor, and we're dirty. This summer has been such an absolute blast! I don't know how people grow old, I really don't, because I love this - I love everything about it. The freedom is unbelievable, why must we ever grow out of it?
Jess' parents were away this week so we've been having some fun at her house. On the 4th of July after everyone got good and wasted at work we all moved the party to her place. When we woke up the next morning we had family breakfast- me, Jess, Leah, Leanne, Jenny, Eric and his friend Gary. That day was "Jess' day of fun!" Me, Leah, Leanne and Jess went food shopping, then picked up wine, rum and pizza and promptly spend our afternoon getting wasted. We made pina coladas and sat in the backyard, it really was fabulous. A few friends stopped by later in the night, but it really was our day! That night while I was watching the Yankees game, drunk, I decided that we needed to go to Tuesday's ball game, so we ordered tickets.
Jess had to work yesterday so we brought Jenny Cash with us. I drove in and me, Leah, Leanne and Jenny tailgated for a while with some nice cold beers before the game. We had $14 seats, so we were all the way up top, and after the 4th inning we decided that those seats simply would not suffice so me and my drunk girlfriends ran downstairs to try our luck behind home plate. Sure enough there were four fabulous seats right there and we gladly made ourselves comfortable. The only bad thing about moving into the really great seats is that the people down there simply do not enjoy them. It's all uptight businessmen in their gingham shirts and snotty rich people who don't appreciate loud, drunk, obnoxious, die-hard Yankee fans like us! We really pissed off one couple that was sitting next to us. He told me that we were giving him a headache so I offered him some Advil and told the entire section to quiet down. They left soon after. Some people seriously need to lighten up. Their lives must be so BLAND! The security guys loved us, although they had to warn us for using the word "suck" in such a proper section. A few men, dressed in their business attire, of course came up to us saying "Go Red Sox," ad I screamed that he was out of the game. Then, to our delight, security really did make them leave! By the 9th inning, when it was painfully obvious that we had lost the game, I convinced Evan, a really hot security guard to let us down directly behind home plate where we enjoyed the final inning. I love baseball, and we had such a grand old time. The good seats, however, really should belong to true fans. At least put on a Yankees hat!
Today I went to the beach with Katy an Leanne and tonight all of us girls are taking it easy and watching a movie at Jess'. I am very sunburnt, it's pretty uncomfortable. Gosh, we lead pretty fabulous lives. We have more fun than anyone I know.
As my mom says, for us, every day is the fourth of July!

Laura Leigh

That summer the security guards at Yankee stadium let us get away with murder. Since then they've become much less forgiving. But who wouldn't love a group of drunk, rowdy little 19 year old girls!?
Beer. Pizza. Rum. No wonder I was so chubby that summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment