Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, April 19, 2010

Wednesday, May 8th 2002

Dear Journal,
The year is winding down, the weather is really becoming beautiful, and yet there is this sadness lurking, this whirl of uncertainty; I can feel change in the air. The great tide of change is approaching, swelling and churning with each day that goes by. I can't put my finger on it, can't describe it exactly, but I feel kind of like I'm sinking. For the first time, I'm scared of life, of life in general, and still, I contemplate, do I take it seriously, or say "screw it!" and just exist - come what may. I don't know, and that's what makes it so very daunting while still so very lovely. Everything feels so delicate right now, and for some reason, I anticipate a shatter. I want to be wrong.

Laura Leigh

Life is so damn serious when you're 17. Too bad the great tide of change didn't pull me under and keep me there for a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment