Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, July 30, 2010

Thursday March 10th 2005

Now it’s Thursday, March 10th. I’m on a train to Prague listening to music and drinking 4 Euro Riesling. Sammy is next to me. Katryn and Sam are across from me. Lauren and Kel are behind me. I’m starting to get a little tired from the wine, but a really happy, content tired. I don’t want this to end. It’s not real life, and I love it. I’m smiling to myself right now, smiling big.

A bird shit on my head as we were walking to the bus. I wasn’t psyched about it, but it was pretty funny. It’s supposed to be good luck. Crock of shit- but if that’s what I had to get for this to be a good weekend, I’m ok with that. I love Prague, and we’re not even there yet!!

Even when I fall … I’m not one to stay down long.

The wine is kicking in. Here it is.

First we went to Belgium, to Brugge and Brussels and it was exhilarating and we felt so free. We were just so happy. And then we went to Amsterdam and wandered around in a hazy oblivion we laughed and got stoned and time was not time it was slow and fast and furiously funny. Then there was Paris. All museums. Masterpiece overload. Moved. Inspired. Exhausted. Then Barcelona breathed new life into us. The beautiful sun the midday beer the Mediterranean Sea, Cathedral Park, sour grass, paella. I was happy there. Genuinely happy. Next Madrid, which just felt like a big city. Saw Sam. Intense. Saw Guernica with Sam. Doubly intense. Didn’t do much sight-seeing. It hurt almost as much as I loved being with her. Then two weeks of mess. Pain. Fighting. Exhaustion. Then I clicked. Then we went to London. Tired on the tube looking at Ikea ads ad detecting American accents. Too expensive. Completely worth it. Now I’m on a train to Prague. I want this life, and I am this life.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh...... i just started CRACKING UP remembering running to catch the bus and then trying to wash the bird shit out of your hair with our water bottles. Prague....what a trip.

    ReplyDelete