Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tuesday June 27th 2000

Dear Journal,
On Sunday my brother Ryan graduated - it was pretty emotional, even for me. As they walked around us, in cap & gown, I got a lump in my throat. They were ending something. I was wondering how I am going to feel, three years later, taking that same walk. You think about graduation your whole life, but on the day of I can only imagine it is then that you realize your childhood went too fast, and you have reached a huge turning point. Fear, excitement, joy, those feelings probably cross your mind. And it's funny to think of the scale of time, some days seem to last forever, but in just a moment I too will be heading off to college. I think that if I could have any "super power" I would choose to be able to slow down time, make it last just that much longer because it's all too fast, it really is. But as Everlast put it so very simply, "every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end," and for the graduates of 2000, this is so very true!
Back to the smaller scheme of things, my life these days has been fairly simple, carefree and I like it that way. On Monday I went to Port Jeff with Leah, Chris and Katy, then we came back here and stayed in the pool the rest of the afternoon. Today Leah and I got Kristie a gift- a frame with the fam tree and a pic of the fam, because she's moving. I'm tired now and off to bed.

Laura Leigh

Uhh yea, I seriously did quote "closing time" in my journal ... but honestly I don't even think that's who sang it ... ? The point is. I was lame.

1 comment:

  1. wasn't it Sonic or Semisonic or something?
    it's clearly more embarrassing that i know that.

    ReplyDelete