Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wednesday, March 19 2003

Dear Journal,
Something about volunteering at the shelter makes me terribly sad- all these kids we go through, all these kids full of potential- I wonder how many of them are really gonna make it in life. Like now there's Kai, a sweet little boy who is quiet and polite and lets me read to him ... will he always like to read? And Justice, this crazy four-year-old with a mini-afrow and an explosive personality. I have few doubts that he will turn into a thug, but I still have hope because he loves to watch "The Big Comfy Couch" and he carries around the doll! So many kids and I know we don't see them enough to impact them. I want the best for these kids because they deserve the best. God, kids are great! They're like a lump of clay that you can carefully mold. I'm glad we go to the shelter.
I went to dinner tonight with Catherine and Leah, then I went to the gym with Jackee, then we smoked.
I hope this was profound, for I am awfully stoned.

Laura Leigh

Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment