Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday July 1st 2000

Dear Journal,
AGHH!! I just go home - it's just after midnight - and this has been the coolest day ever - absolutely amazing!! Just before the play started we were standing by the stage door (not away it was) and a black town car pulled up - I could feel it - I knew it was him - and out walks Gabriel 0 within 5 feet of us - neither of us knew what to do- we were starstruck and in complete awe of him. Then our seats for the play were amazing and he did such a spectacular job. We were so thrilled we didn't know what to do with ourselves! I still can't believe we saw him. I just cannot believe it! So many people have actors that they really love and admire, but so many of them are out of reach and you never get to see them, it's so awesome to have seen someone I'm so completely in awe of - up close - it's the greatest feeling ever! The play closes tomorrow, I am so glad we got to see it. I'm amazed. Coolest day ever!!!

Laura Leigh

oh my goodness. Most girls our age were screaming and crying over boy bands, and there we were, seeing A Moon For the Misbegotten, starring the then 50-year-old actor ... what freaking weirdos we were. We were by far the youngest people there. The women asking for his autograph were all senior citizens, and we were too afraid to approach him. What a memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment