Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

January 29th 2005

Oh man. I’ve been high all day. Fucked up. We were living in this eternal space where we blended in but weren’t really present. Contentment wrapped itself around my waist and I did not fight it. We've been high all day. That coffee shop was the quintessential existence. It belonged in the earth. We ate a lot. We indulged and it was so very fulfilling. We went to he Heineken brewery. We drank beer. We met some crazy British boys. They took us to a pub and bought us drinks. I laughed a lot. I laughed so hard. We found our way back to our hostel. We’re taking a break then out.

We’ve become these beings who are lost between time and space, floating through our adolescence in the dreamland that is Holland. Smoking and laughing and smoking again … charmed.

“When all else fails, just sit back and let the big beat lead you.” – Alex, one of the British boys we met in Amsterdam. Life is WOW.

All the odds are agaist us, Sam and I. Everything is working against us, and I wonder, are we gonna make it? Should we even try?


Those Brits were a blast. One of them just ate a bunch of mushrooms and they had to lead him around all day, and he was saying the most ridiculous things.

Ahh Samantha. To even go there in this blog ... or not go, that is the question ...

No comments:

Post a Comment