Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Monday May 3rd, 2005

Dear Journal,
Home. Home already. How unbelievable. It's such an odd feeling. Yesterday I had to pack up my freshman year, now, I have to fit it all into my home- find spaces for all the stuff. I have never felt anything like this before. It's like when I'm at school I'm having fun and figuring out who I am but then I come home and I'm all confused again. It's not that I'm different in each place, it's simply that each place brings out different qualities in me. Life here is much more predictable, and there's a part of me that loves that, that finds comfort in it, but there's no moving forward here, things just are how they are.
I've been gone one day - not even - and I miss it. Four months away seems long, though I know it's not, as time continues to fly by. Always flies.

Laura Leigh

And that is why I had to leave Long Island, that's probably the best explanation I could ever give.
Time is still flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment