Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday, May 2nd 2004

It's fucked up. I'm sitting in my room amidst a mess of bags and boxes and I cannot bring myself to finish packing up my freshman year. I love it here, and now I have to leave. I'm excited to go home and everything, but I love life here. It's just fun and crazy and my friends here are so great! This past week has been nuts, we've been having summer-like weather and we've just been having an amazing time, lying out in the sun on the common all day and partying all night. I've seen a lot of Ty this week too. It's such an odd situation. I really like him and we've got so much potential together, but time is simply not on our side. Lauren left yesterday, ad last night was our final night out in Boston for the year. Kate's brother-in-law BB came up last night because he moved her out today. First me, Molly and Sammy went to Stacy's, and Kate and BB met up with us there. We were all just drinking and hanging out, then BB told us that all the drinks for the night were going to be on him, and we headed to Pour House. Sammy didn't have an ID so we came up with this hysterical plan to get her into the bar. Everyone went in ahead of us and Sammy and I waited down the street, then Kate came out with Stacy's ID for Sammy and went back into the bar. Meanwhile BB was hanging out by the bouncer complaining that his fiancee was late meeting him. So when Sammy and I walked up BB greeted her as his fiancee, which was hysterical. The bouncer turned to me and said, "He's mad at her, she's really late," and I was like, "Oh it's my fault I made her late," and the bouncer was like, "Oh it is?!" haha it was awesome. He let us in of course. So we had a fun night of drinking at Pour House. We were all nice and drunk. Molly and I were the last to leave, I called Ty and a little later he came and picked us up. We dropped Molly at the LB and stayed at his house last night. I really like him. He makes me smile and I make him laugh!
Kate left today, and now I'm trying to pack - which is what I'm worst at in life. This whole leaving thing is really draining. I cannot believe freshman year is over. Damn. Life moves too fast, way too fast. It's incredible. It's been fun. It's been amazing. I don't ever want life to stop being this great.

Laura Leigh

That was such a fun night. I mean, looking back, we had these chubby little faces because we were so young, but the bouncer either didn't realize or played along. BB showed us a great time that night! And then that was it, freshman year was over in a flash.

1 comment:

  1. I will never forget that night--or that entire week!!! I found some pictures today of the sailboat ride we went on... I've gotta get my hands on a DeLorean time machine ASAP and I'll park it under the Common.

    ReplyDelete