Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 26th 2004

Dear Journal,
Last Tuesday afternoon I took a train to Penn Station where I met up with Molly and we took a subway out to the Bronx where I watched her play Irish football. Afterwards we went out drinking with all her Irish teammates. It was excellent. I love the Irish! The next morning I slept in then hopped a subway downtown and met Jess on Park by Jake's apartment. She and I went out to breakfast then headed to Central Park West to meet the girls; Leah, Kristen and Leanne. The five of us wandered through the park all day and spend a good two hours sitting at the top of what Leah refers to as the "bird castle," which overlooks a great pond. It was just relaxing and peaceful. I really enjoyed it. Tonight, after working the day at the beach with Leah, I realized, when Oliver's girlfriend came to pick him up, that I am jealous. But I don't, however, want him, so I don't know why I feel this way.

LLS

I felt that way because I am a woman and even if we don't want you, we still want you to want us. It's a control thing. Ahh, life's little lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment