Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, June 7, 2010

Friday June 2nd 2000

Dear Journal,
Today was Moving Up Day. It was fun and emotional. I wore my new dress, and I felt like a movie star, as corny as that sounds! I got so many compliments, and as my Principal, Mrs. Gaigal shook my hand when they called my name, she said, "You look absolutely beautiful!" It sounded so sincere and so kind, and I really did feel beautiful today. We got our yearbooks, and I even got a bit of a (sun)burn, but I'll deal. All the speeches and videos were amazing, this was definitely a very special, very lovely day, a wicker & roses day.

Laura Leigh

I saw Wicker & Roses in a newspaper on my mother's vanity one day, and I became really attached to the phrase. I thought there was very little in life that could be better than wicker and roses. I still kind of think that.
Also, that was the day I discovered the power of a little black dress, although that one has long since been retired ... and for the record, I am fairly certain that I wore it with some sort of choker/collar/sparkly little necklace. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment