Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, June 7, 2010

Thursday June 1st 2000

Dear Journal,
Today was our 9th grade trip to Dorney Park, and I seriously had the BEST time ever! It was 87 degrees out, perfect weather, and there was a water park - it was such an incredibly great time!
Tomorrow is Moving Up Day, and we get our yearbooks. I have so many different feelings towards this- excitement, fear, sadness, a bit of regret, and a lot of joy. If someone had asked me in September what I thought this year would be like, I would have said a joke, a joke that I was NOT looking forward to. Well this turned out to be the best year of my life, a huge time for me to grow and mature, and start to see life in new views. I'm excited for the future, but I'm never ever going to forget my time at Gelinas. When I think about the changes I have gone through, both good and bad, all my friends, lost and gained, and all my tears, sad and joyful, a smile will always spread across my face, because I'm growing up, and these are the best times of my life.

Laura Leigh

You may have noticed a pattern here. As a teenager, every goddam day was some great awakening for me. I mean Jesus. And to be honest, when I think back to junior high a smile does not spread across my face, because for the most part, I can't even remember most of it. I have either blocked much of it out, or my memory is going as I age.

1 comment: