Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

September 1st, 2004

Dear Journal,
It's the early morning of the first day of September. I cannot believe that this summer is over. I blinked and it flashed right by me. Oh my. These are the best times and they go so fast.
Oh man. Friday was my surgery. Not cool. At first I wasn't even in pain or anything, and I could even deal with all the lying around, but these past few days I have been feeling seriously ill. Food grosses me out, I'm having intense headaches, and something as small as going to the food store leaves me exhausted! I hate being so helpless and dependent on people. I'm bored as hell since all of my friends have gone back to school, and I am very uncomfortable. This is all putting me in a horrible mood but I just gotta deal with it. One positive thing is that yesterday I was alone in the house, dirty, like seriously dirty and cranky, when I heard the front door slam and someone run up the stairs and suddenly Kate was standing in front of me! I was shocked. She drove from Connecticut to surprise me and it was fabulous, the greatest surprise ever!

Laura Leigh

She washed my hair for me, then took me to Plastercraze to paint. What are best friends for?!
Going back to Boston on crutches and trying to keep up with everyone was certainly not easy, but if anyone can party in a giant cast, I wash the girl for the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment