Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Monday, May 29th 2000

Dear Journal,
I had an absolutely fabulous weekend! On Friday night I went shopping with Leah and Leanne, and they both spent the night. On Saturday I went with Leah to Fire Island. We went to Ocean Beach, where we used to go all the time. We ended up baby-sitting at this party near the Ocean. There were 5 kids, Kendra, Hunter, Vincent, Paige and baby Brian., all of whom were adorable. That evening was kinda crazy, but we each ended up with 60 dollars, so I have no complaints!
We took the 11:30 ferry home, and I got back around one. Then yesterday my mom dyed my hair (burgundy again) and Katy and I took her to lunch for her b-day, which was Friday. Then mom dropped us at the mall with Leah. I got a lot of "objectionable" clothing, and the greatest black tube dress! Then last night we went out with Kristen to see Road Trip. Today was Memorial Day (no school) so I completely pampered myself. Once I got homework and chores out of the way mom gave me a pedicure, then I worked out, and proceeded to take the most relaxing bubble bath imaginable! I opened all the surrounding windows so the room was flooded with sunlight and a warm breeze. I put on my Brokedown Palace album and soaked for hours. It was incredibly relaxing! I feel completely homeostatic today, hehe, I really do. Clean and healthy and so happy!

Laura Leigh
PS. I got into PACT at the high school, I can't believe I got in!


So ... for one thing, Leanne and I both got into PACT, which is this program for athletes in high school, you do philanthropy and you vow not to use drugs or alcohol. I think we both went to one meeting before dropping out.
Furthermore, I am bringing homeostatic back into my repertoire.

No comments:

Post a Comment