Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Sunday, June 20, 2010

January 28th 2005

Amazing. Amazing. I am obsessed with this city. Not only have I never been to a place like Amsterdam, I have never even dreamt of one. It’s like this little bubble that floated away from the rest of the world- their own ideas, their own rules, they own freedoms. Amazing. Its beautiful and quaint while at the same time electrified and throbbing with excitement. I have never taken to any place or anything at all in my life for that matter, the way I have to this city. I could come here, live here and just start a life here. Oh my God its amazing. I want to be a part of it. I want it to be a part of me. We came here this morning, checked into our hostel, then wandered te city for a while. We ate “special cake” so we would be high for the Van Gogh museum but they never worked. Waste. The Van Gogh museum was great, really awesome. From there everyone went to an Indonesian restaurant where we had the most amazing dinner. It was delicious, just this hwole mix of spices and tastes on my tongue Oh man. So good. Later we toured the city for a night. We smoked blunts in a coffee shop and we were fucked up. We went to a few bars and through the red light district. It creeped me out. I couldn’t look these women in the eyes. SO bizarre. We basically got lost around the city and we ate waffles with pink icing. At the last bar we went to we were singing and dancing and I wanted to capture the moment and keep it forever. It was pure and simple love, pure and simple happiness. There we were at Durty Nelly’s. I had a beautiful day today, and such an enchanted night. I really wouldn’t trade my life for any other.

... Halos of smoke around each of their heads, while they lungs filled with the haze of youth and adventure. Eyelids found each other slowly and the night glazed over with an enchanting mix of electricity and sleepiness.

We wandered past red lights and windows displaying real live women in boustiers and lace. I avoid their gaze.

The fog rests thick, reflecting occasional moonlight. In a dark personal bar we danced to ‘Time of my life," while having the time of our lives. We held each other, thankful for this.


Ahhh, Amsterdam. I think this entry speaks for itself ... weed, and plenty of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment