Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

June 2001 - "The Things I Wonder at 1am"

If we divided the good men from the bad, I sometimes wonder, which side would weigh out.
And if a life was measured by dreams come true, I wonder how many lives would break the scale, or how few, for that matter.
And if each soul was judged by the thoughts in their minds, how many of our angels would be filth?
If there is a hell can you redeem yourself? And is heaven only for the saints?
If I die tomorrow will I have left a mark in even just one single soul, or just some momentary tears on many faces?
I wonder, do these questions have answers, and I wonder, does God know me?

Laura Leigh

I got all of those philosophical questions out of my system by 16.

No comments:

Post a Comment