Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunday May 9th, 1999

Dear Journal,
Today I experienced a revelation, actually, I experienced it this week. I've decided that I'm no longer living to please others, I am going to make myself happy, and stop suffering in hopes that they'll acknowledge me. The way I see it, if I'm not hurting anyone, then I should do what I want. I am not dressing to please them, only myself. It is time to take full advantage of my life. Truly. If it's at all believable, I am going to be happy.

Laura Leigh

I must have written this same entry like 15 times throughout the course of my teenage life. I used 'them' a lot in my journals back in those days. I think at 14, 'them' is pretty much everyone in the world that you are paranoid enough to believe actually gives a shit about your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment