Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Saturday, August 25th 2001

Dear Journal,
Last night I worked at a wedding rehearsal dinner, then today I went to my cousin's Bride-to-be bridal shower, then tomorrow I am going to spend all day working at a wedding - I think I've had my fill of the whole marriage thing! It kinda makes you think about the future. Someday (I hope) that'll be my bridal shower, and my wedding rehearsal dinner, and my wedding. That's so crazy to think about! I'm a teenager, a day-to-day kinda gal. On the day-to-day note, I am so ready for fall, ready to go back to school, and ready to endure all the craziness that comes with it! It's gonna be hard- I've said that a million times- but I really feel ready. For the longest time I was dreading this year, the "most important year of high school," but that was because I was so certain of where I wanted to go to college, so afraid I had to make it in or life would be over. Now I feel different, not to say I don't care, I really do, but I'm gonna work hard and let life run its course, worrying and stressing can't change that. Paul and I discussed that tonight on our shopping trip. We, or I, picked out his fall wardrobe- it's awesome! But we both decided we didn't wanna waste our lives being sad, or worrying for that matter. It'll be fine!

Laura Leigh

Me and Paul, we just had it all figured out!

No comments:

Post a Comment