Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

August 13, 2005

At the Castle we had a cigarette rolling contest on the pool table in the Vorburcht lounge. I recalled, while watching it, a time in Ryan's car on Nesconset Highway when he had taken up rolling his own smokes. He was speaking to me, fumbling with the stereo, and driving while rolling a cigarette.

I don't know that a day will ever go by that I don't think about the 'Sam thing.' I wish there was a better name for it. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT DAY ... I truly wonder how far it is, but I don't worry, just wonder. I now know that nobody on earth, even my closest friends, will ever have the slightest idea what this was, what it meant, how it felt, how it hurt.
I don't have the power to make them understand. I don't.

It has been such a trip being home with Johnny- the people I've met, the places we've been, seeing what's his- a past that I will never really know, while we have our own world that they can never know.
I'm fascinated. Tired. Stoned.

LL

If one is to smoke, I feel they should roll their own cigs. Summer of 2005 was incredible, but I was so very sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment