Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Monday, August 15th 2005

Johnny and I had quite the day of travel yesterday. Our flight out of Long Beach took off at 3:45pm. It took us no time to check in at Long Beach, and when we took off the captain told us that we may actually get to JFK early. Once we got over Michigan they announced that weather conditions in NY were preventing us from landing, so we circled a while before being re-routed to Buffalo. We couldn't get off the plane so we sat on the ground for an hour before we took off again. When we did get to JFK we circled again, then when we finally landed we taxied on the runway for 30 minutes. It took forever to get our luggage, we were pretty delirious, so we played some great games with the suitcases that went by repeatedly. Finally out, we waited in line for a taxi for about an hour, finally home to bed by 5am. Long Night!
San Diego was great though, I love that we've both had a chance to go home with each other and see where and how we grew up. His family is a lot like my own, they were fun to stay with and we had a very drunken week.
It's going to be weird not seeing Johnny all the time. I feel like he's been such a staple. I think we see a lot of ourselves in each other and we can appreciate and value ourselves more by what we see in the other. We're very much on the same level with how we see the world and how we see ourselves within it. On Tuesday night, after getting thoroughly drunk, we went in his hot tub and had some cocktails around 4am, then climbed out of his bedroom window to smoke cigarettes before walking down to the park and playing on the swings while having a great talk about all kinds of things, our pasts specifically, about how we're figuring out who we are. I think he is one of the most interesting and intelligent people I know, and that's what people may not immediately pick up on. He's amazing, I love him, and I am going to miss him terribly. Now I just need to find a straight boy with all my favorite qualities of his and I will be all set.

I'm on a train to Connecticut to see Kel and Izzy. I've never taken a train out of Grand Central and I feel like I'm being snapped at whenever I ask for help.
Tonight will be fun!

LL

This portion of my journal is like one long slobbery love letter to JrH. He's gotten me through a lot of obstacles in my life, and he deserves all of that ridiculous praise.
The night in Connecticut ... well more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment