Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

August 24th 2005

I just read through some of my old journals. It's intense, how I can read them, then see myself doing those things, feeling that way - a memory I had forgotten completely ... and it's so easy to feel foolish at what seem like silly experiences, childish stories. Looking back it's always easy to spot. I took my life too seriously when I was younger, but I also got great joy out of innocent, youthful things, like going to an amusement park with my girlfriends, having sleepovers, birthday parties. My feelings seem silly, when I look back, but that's how I learn. I think old people have the secret to life.

LL

Well, that just keeps becoming clearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment