Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunday January 12th 2003

Dear Journal,
I had a very good weekend! I didn't work at all which was quite nice, definitely not looking forward to going back to the Old Field Club ... I basically spent this weekend with my girls, Leah, Leanne, Jess, Annie and Kristen- living at Leanne's house. When we're there, doing nothing becomes fun! Hmm, I realize now, for the first time, what it means to not want a relationship. I used to wish for one ... but now I don't. Bad timing of course, because I think my friend is developing feelings for me- but I can't do it, I really can't. It's not just that I'm not attracted to him- I see things in him that no one else knows are there- and I know, maybe I'm letting something potentially wonderful pass me by, but right now I'm not that girl. What does he possibly see in me?

LL


... why couldn't high school be more like Sixteen Candles and less like reality?!

No comments:

Post a Comment