Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, January 3, 2011

Saturday July 30th 2005


Johnny and I took a nice long walk down through Tribeca and to the pier and it was really, really nice. I made him take a picture with me that had the Statue of Liberty in the background. He'll be glad he did.

While we were sitting on a bench by the water he said, "Isn't it strange how before something happens you have an idea of what it's going to be, but it never turns out like you thought, and then you really can't remember what you had expected?"
It was funny that he said that because I think about it all of the time. I try not to get those ideas in my head any more, anticipate things in that way, but I think it's nearly impossible, it can't be helped. It's something we do. Nothing ever turns out the way I expect. That's not a bad thing. It just is.
I think I am becoming more comfortable with endings. I lived in the Castle, and after adjusting to that life, it ended, and I came back home. Then I moved in here. I took it for granted, seeing Johnny every day. Maybe not for granted, but I got used to it. Now this life I've adjusted to is ending. It all flies by so fast, so insanely fast. But I'm becoming more accepting of endings because they inevitably lead to new beginnings.

LL

Well, I'm certainly glad I made him take it ... although not so much on lady liberty, she's barely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment