Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Monday April 12th 1999

Dear Journal,
The more I think about it, the more I am ready for my next vacation. I mean, I know everyone loves vacations, but I can't be here, I want to be SO far from here. If my parents told me we were moving, despite missing all my friends TREMENDOUSLY, I would love to. It's my belief that a person should be happy and comfortable with their home. I, for one thing, have always been a reasonably "unhappy" person, but now I realize where it comes from. I used to love my school, despite all its faults, and I dread it now, everything about it. This shows on my grades. I can't do my best in this place. I try to be ambitious, but all I can think about is being somewhere else. Anywhere else. I always think of happiness as something that comes later in life, but I am only now realizing, I should be happy now. I am not. I am attempting to get the best out of life, and it seems I can only do that on my ow, either when I am alone or when I am on vacation, far away from here.
Life shouldn't be this way.

Laura


Well, I always did love a good vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment