Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Friday, February 5, 2010

Sunday October 27th, 2002

Dear Journal,

This is the most fucked up weekend I've had in a LONG TIME. The problem, we jinxed ourselves.
We were looking forward to last night so much that we screwed it up. Leanne's parents are in Arizona and my parents were in Boston last night. So everything was set. Leanne was at my house and I had just jumped out of the shower and threw on jeans and a tee-shirt, and flip-flops. Leanne said to me, "You can't wear flip-flops, it's freezing out!" And I was like, "Leanne, we're just picking up Leah, it's not like we'll be standing out in the cold!" JINX!
So we picked up Leah, and Leanne wanted to bring her car home because she only has a junior's license and she wasn't supposed to be driving. So I was in my car, there was a minivan behind me with two boys in it, and Leanne was behind them with Leah. So I slowed down because the driver in front of me had their signal on to turn, and the next thing I know I am thrown forward when my car is hit in the back. I jumped out of the car to see that Leanne's airbags are out and her car is smashed! Windshield broken, lights broken, fluid leaking- a mess! So the boys called the police and my back was hurt so we had to be taken to the hospital, on a stretcher, in an ambulance. It was a little annoying because I am generally fine but my back is killing me! We were released about an hour later, and we figured we could still have a party at Leanne's house. But her aunt was bugging out and her parents grounded her, so she wasn't allowed to do anything or go anywhere. She might not get her license until she is 21! I feel awful for her. But anyway, Leah and I were like, fuck it, let's get drunk, so I had a pretty big party at my house. It was pretty crazy but really fun! Needless to say, I'm grounded! And this weekend was so fucked up! I'm still pretty sore from the accident but I'll survive.

Laura Leigh

First of all, the hospital bracelet from that night is still taped into my journal. I also left out some great details. Leah's mom was also out of town, so since we were all underage they made every single one of us take our own ambulance to the emergency room. Naturally I was sassing the EMTs and asking them to just let me go and generally annoying the shit out of them. They were not amused by all of our parents being out of town. Mike Toscano had to come get us from the hospital. While they were loading us all into our ambulances, a few of our friends drove by and saw me being loaded onto a board so soon there were rumors that we had been in a pretty serious car accident.
Leanne got her license just fine and went on to become one of my prettiest friends.
And finally, that was the night that everyone from the OFC came to my house ... including "Dennis," whose real name shall remain a mystery for always.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, it was MY car that you banged up and it forever had a fucked up rear bumper. I remember the phone call from you asking me "um where's the registration for you car?" and M&D ripping the phone from my hands. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to mention that it was YOUR car but then I figured you'd do it yourself ;-)

    ReplyDelete