Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sunday March 28th, 1999

Dear Journal,
I guess now is as good a time as ever to begin this journal. I just finished my previous one. This coming Thursday, April 1st is my 14th birthday. I'm hoping this next year can be more enjoyful for me, that perhaps I will grow and learn even more. It seems being thirteen was somewhat uneventful, or, not so much uneventful, but what did happen was not so much to my enjoyment. I think I brought that unhappiness on myself, and this year, no matter how afraid I am, I will make my life eventful in a meaningful way. I will face my demons.
Last night I celebrated my birthday party. I had Leah, Leanne, Sarah, Sara, Anya and Meghan. Ling (Amanda), Annie, Diana & Jenn could not come. It was a lot of fun anyway! We went to my favorite place, Emilio's pizzeria, and they slept over. We rented Urban Legends and There's Something About Mary. They were both good. We had a carvel ice cream cake, my fav.
On Thursday my mom is making my birthday dinner, The World's Greatest Tortellini, and chocolate fondue! Then on Sunday we are going on a cruise. I am extremely excited, partly because I need to get away from this town, and my terrible school. Actually, it's a great school, I hate the people.
(I'll have to go into detail eventually)
'Til then,

Laura Leigh


What a WT sleepover!
Nearly every single one of these journal entries from when I was between the ages of thirteen and seventeen makes me wonder why, why on earth did my parents not throw me into therapy?
Also. Enjoyful is not a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment