Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, February 1, 2010

Tuesday January 1st 2002

Dear Journal,
Happy New Year!
I've though of another resolution- to stop my incessant whining! I'm just such a pain in the ass sometimes!
Today, while I had planned to do HW, I spent a few hours reading a novel that Jess lent to me. It is about a sixteen year old girl becoming a witch, or discovering the religious practices of Wiccan. I found myself absolutely enthralled in not only the book but the idea of the religion itself. I certainly don't plan to run out and become a witch, but it was almost haunting the way reading about it made me feel- but it was refreshing. I've decided that I want to find out more about Wiccan, even if for no other reason than to enlighten myself about other religions- I think it's fascinating.

Laura Leigh


It seems weird now, and I know it was just my harmless curiosity to research these Pagan practices, but I got pretty into it ... not casting spells into it, but here's an example. In speech class we had to teach everyone to do something. Some kids taught "rootbeer" pong, others taught guitar chords ... I taught my class how to align their Chakras. I was the weird girl, always.

1 comment:

  1. So how do I align my Chakras? You were such a weirdo but so was I. I often think about your many transitions especially in the fashion sense, from the bohemian/hippie, to gothic and stuff. You tried everything.

    ReplyDelete