Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sunday July 26th, 1998

Dear Journal,

My friends Sarah and Sara had a midsummer party, so in the morning Leah came over, and at one-thirty my dad dropped me at Sarah's house. We hung out until everyone arrived, and then we walked down to the creek near her house. We went rafting. I went in the big raft with Katie, Sarah, Sara, Nicole, Jeremy, and I think that's it. We tied ourselves to the other rafts, and we started. When we finally got into the open water, we were filled with water, and very close to the channel- boat wakes rocked us a lot! When we finally arrived at her house again we hung out. After dinner we decided to have a tug-of-war. In the middle was a huge pile of shaving cream! (They used 15 cans) It was SO MUCH FUN!
When I was in the front, I was wearing my jean shorts and my halter bikini top, and they told me to take my shorts off incase I fell in - so stupid me, I started to unzip, until I saw my UNDERWEAR! Embarrassing!
So many people got covered in shaving cream, that all of a sudden we just got into a HUGE shaving cream fight - It was awesome! We all got covered in it! I even had it in my ear, it was Awesome!!
We then had water balloon fights and got cleaned up. A while after, we got a volleyball game going, but we used a beach ball. There were about four people on my team. That was fun! Jeremy and I made up all these stupid rules so we could win - and they believed us!
After dessert I played basketball, which was just as fun as volleyball - it was great!!
After the party I went to Leah's house and I slept there, today we went to the beach!

Guess what - Ben Affleck was in the Voyage of the Mimi!!

- Laura


Uhhh wow. What a little athlete I was! And I think the Ben Affleck reference is due to my Armageddon obsession from that summer ... pretty AWESOME!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW- i'm not even kidding, i actually have a journal entry from this same time that says the EXACT same thing- Guess what! Ben Affleck was in the Voyage of the Mimi!

    ReplyDelete