Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

April 7th 2002

Shining Armor
Sorting through the questions and the fears, he (oh such a valiant young man,) covets a mere understanding.
His ideas extinguish all hope, despite no lack of effort.
Did he try hard enough?
He has figured nothing and in an oblivion of queries and trepidation he succumbs to his bewilderment.
Yet it is simple, so very simple, and his mind is not.
A whirlwind of understanding and certainty circulated once there.
The forbidden anxieties creep, slowly at first, for creeping they will soon defeat him.
Creeping, lucidity will soon escape him.
"I am lost."
He is lost.

Laura Leigh


Sometimes I wonder why my English and writing teachers were so supportive of me. I know what it is I meant when I wrote this shit, but I cannot imagine that anyone else did.

No comments:

Post a Comment