Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Monday April 30th 2001

Dear Journal,
Things could have been worse. I guess it's okay. Last week was a bit crazy! First, me and Katy had been planning this huge party for Saturday night, there were actually maps to my house circulating the school. Well, my mom found out and my grandpa came to stay with us. We went to another party that night and instead, and we all got pretty trashed. I worked on Sunday, then the week was pretty normal. But I just found out that Katy was cutting school last week, so now she's grounded for a month! But the thing we really got away with was our party Friday night! It was crazy. It wasn't huge, but so many different people just showed up at different times, it was nuts! And this beautiful boy that I'm in love with showed up! Needless to say I was too afraid to even talk to him! But it was an odd night.

-Laura Leigh-

Oh I remember this. Katy (I know you're reading this!!) You bad little kid you!! Our poor Grandpa spent his Saturday night literally chasing kids away from our house while we went out drinking. I cannot for the life of me remember who this beautiful boy is that I was in love with. I certainly had a few bizarre crushes on boys in high school- "library boy", the big heartbreaker, Craig, the thug in my chem class was definitely stupid. He came into class once and had obviously just had the shit kicked out of him ... man I thought his black eye and fat lip were so adorable. I can't put my finger on who this boy was that showed up to my house, however. I obviously WOW'd him with some good conversation.

3 comments:

  1. I think I spent most of Highschool being grounded for one reason or another. I don't remember having a party that Friday though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this the party I got trashed at too & hit on some guy while his gf was standing right next to him (p.s I think he was no longer in h.s and I think I was like 16....)....bunch-o-winners!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no wait that was the party AT your house....different night

    ReplyDelete