Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thursday January 31, 2002

Dear Journal,
I'm such squealy girl! I introduced myself to the boy I like today, and I only then realized how girlie I am! It was a big step for me though, I've never done anything like that! Who knows, maybe I'll never speak to him again, but I'm still proud of myself. I'm the epitome of a teeny bopper right now, how embarrassing, but I gotta write this stuff down!

Laura Leigh

Wow. Yes, "Library Boy" I believe was his secret name, and I did talk to him one other time after that. I said hello to him when he showed up at Annie's house for my 17th Birthday Party. I was drunk and when he left, I cried. This also came during a time when we were all cruising around in the Jeep and we would blast Stand Out from A Goofy Movie (one of my all time favs) after school everyday. I think I listened to that song like four times on my ride to school that morning. When I did introduce myself to him it was (I shit you not) during his fencing practice. I've always been really into jocks, haha. I squeaked hello, he looked confused because he was clearly a super huge nerd, and then I left.

3 comments:

  1. Who was this boy?? I feel like I remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you were SO smooth. "the epitome of teen bopper". really, who says that at 16?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I remember when you cried

    ReplyDelete