Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Saturday June 13th, 1998

Dear Journal,

Today was an awesome day! This morning I woke up, and it was horrible out! It was dark, foggy and wet. At 11am Leah and her mother picked me up and we headed to Leah's grandparents house. From there, Leah, her grandma and I went to Captree- where her father is the captain of a fishing boat. Even though the weather sucked we went out anyway. After a few minutes the storm hit us- lightning, thunder, pouring rain. We started to fish in the rain. We were fishing for Fluke. I caught a fish, and it was a keeper! Then we got cold. We were absolutely soaking wet, so we hung out up top in the cabin where her father was. We tried to dry off, but it did not work. After a while we wanted to fish again, so one of the mates went underneath to find us some rain gear. The gear helped a little, but we still got soaking wet. I caught another fish too, it was also a keeper! We ate lunch and made soup, by then the entire boat was soaked, then we went to fish again. We weren't catching anything, and the fish kept stealing my bait, so we gave up. When we docked Leah's mom picked us up. We were wet, cold, and dirty. I brought my fish home- I want to eat it. When I got home I took a hot bubble bath!

- Laura Leigh

Ahhh the Jib Six!!

No comments:

Post a Comment