Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tuesday July 18th 2000

Dear Journal,
Tonight I was watching tv and flipping through the channels. I flipped to Howard Stern, and caught this one segment. There was this girl who wanted to know if they thought she could be Playboy material. She stripped down to her underwear, exposing a perfect figure, flat tummy and a big chest. She had the type of body any girl would dream of. It ended up pissing me off though, cause these nasty-looking, overweight, middle-aged men were telling her that she needed to slim down- spend more time at the gym. Basically they told a perfectly beautiful woman that she wasn't thin enough, wasn't good enough. Vanity can be such a bitch. This beautiful world is being poisoned, where instead of the majority being told we're good enough, they only approve of those few who can handle to starve themselves and get surgical enhancement. No woman should ever be told by anyone - especially a man- that she's not good enough. It is so disgusting and degrading and it pisses me off completely.

- Laura Leigh-

Birth of a feminist? Honestly, I had zero sense of humor. I've figured it out though; the reason I'm so easy-breezy now is because I spent my entire youth taking life so fucking seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment