Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, January 25, 2010

Friday December 29th, 2000

Dear Journal,
Today I babysat for my cousins, a long day in itself! Tonight my sister and I did some shopping then caught a movie - Miss Congeniality. As we were driving along something occurred to me, I realized why I constantly worry about "the future."I mean, I know I don't want a monotonous life, but tonight I was sitting in the car and I was thinking. I don't want my life to consist of a full work week, then the mall or movies and an occasional party on weekends. It's fun for a while but I don't want that. We're given this incredibly short time on the earth to experience, to touch others, to learn and teach, and since I don't know the meaning of life, nor do I know of anyone who does, those listed are my goals. For one thing, I wish I had taken part in the exchange program. I need to get out there in the world and live. I don't want to just live a quiet little life in the same place for years. I know that can be a fulfilling life, but I've been given glimpses into so many of the treasures this world has to offer, and now I have to continue. In the long run, I want to be able to say that I used ever opportunity offered me. I ant to take the road less traveled by, but follow my heart, even if that means making sacrifices.

- Laura Leigh


Heavy. Too bad I forgot to think about how I would fund this big adventure all over the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment