Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Monday April 29th 2002

Dear Journal,
Leanne, when being told that her problems are pathetic and insignificant, always replies, "I'd rather have stupid problems like that than to have actual real ones." In moments of weakness I succumb to anger, frustration, and sadness, and I forget every ounce of thought I've worked so hard to gain. Metaphorically speaking, albeit in an elementary sense, sometimes when life feels like a gray, rainy, gusty day, we notice only that rain and that wind and those clouds, and we forget our earth is being saturated with life. The flowers blossom with raindrops and life is sustained through water. Every situation, no matter how seemingly dismal, has a stronger good, an outcome with the ability to change, or maybe just the gift of clearer understanding of beauty.
"I will be."

Laura Leigh


Nope, I was not hallucinating on LSD when I wrote that. Worse, I was a teenage girl.

2 comments: