Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, January 11, 2010

Sunday January 10th 1999

Dear Journal,
THE GELINAS JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL CHEERLEADERS ARE THE FRESHMAN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!
We won 1st place at today's competition!!! It was SO exciting! Our routine kicked A**! YES!!!
Anyway, yesterday we had cheerleading practice from 7:00am-12:15pm - A LOT!
But it paid off! We had 4 walking extensions, half re-loads, a full liberty reload half, the MSG stunt, two split-down-tick-tcks, a twist up and an extension to an awesome, ending with a full, two halves, and arms. It was great!! We have another competition on Sunday. On the way home on the bus we all put our money together and stopped at Carvel to buy ice cream. OHH it's so great that we won!!

- Laura

We took our cheerleading competitions very, very seriously in those days. As for most of those "stunts," I don't even remember what they were. And yea, I really did spell ASS with two stars.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my god, I LOVE adolescent Laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, sometimes I forget that you were a cheerleader in Jr. Highschool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheerleader, gosh I'm lucky, these are so funny.

    ReplyDelete