Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wednesday, February 3rd, 1999

This has been an okay week so far, nothing interesting in my life. Last night I went to the school for play rehearsal, the dance scene. I felt so wrong, like no one would ever want to be partnered with me. I just felt so left out, shouldn't I have fun too? I have a fear of growing up, and missing this. As of right now my youth is not much fun. What if things don't get better ... I want to belong, to anything. To go somewhere and not just have to shut myself up. I want to be able to let loose, like everyone else? Why don't I get to? I am entitled to these emotions, I am entitled to good memories ... so why does it seem like my best memories will remain. I am thirteen and my life is already not as happy as my past, this isn't how I planned ... but nothing is.

- Laura Leigh

Dear God I was dramatic. At thirteen years old I didn't really have much of a past. Ugh, you couldn't pay me enough to ever relive those years again. How painfully awkward it is to grow up.

3 comments:

  1. Theres nothing fun about being 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being 13 sucks, as does most of adolescence. You got your wish though Laura you have wonderful friends who you can be yourself around :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost teared up, how ridiculous, glad we didn't know each other then cause let me tell you, I let loose on the 4 Square Court.

    ReplyDelete