Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday January 12th 2005

Where to begin. This is it. I'm on the ferry. We're still docked. Kel's family is picking me up in Bridgeport. Obstacle #1 - Getting off the ferry with a huge hiking backpack, a full hockey bag and a giant rolling suitcase! This should be interesting ...
I can't believe I am flying to Amsterdam tomorrow. Unbelievable.
I am just taking this break from life as I know it. And I want to. I have to. I kind of love just jumping off the edge and diving into something I don't know. I hope this embraces me. I hope I don't drown. I don't even know who I am anymore.

...

EUROPE - ENTRY 1

I'm not even positive on the date and time right now. I guess it's about 6:15am, Netherlands time, but it's still complete darkness outside around the plane. The cities below me are all lit up, it's fabulous. I can see stars out the window, and they're really beautiful. I'm sitting on a cramped plane- I haven't slept, I feel dirty, the guy next to me is a little weird, and I have the worst stomach ache- but looking out that window really makes me smile!
It's spectacular!
Day one begins. This is gonna be good.

LL



Ahh. Five years goes by so fast. Just reading that gives me chills. This one's for my adventurers.

2 comments:

  1. Tears to my eyes...wish we were on our way to the ferry to pick your ass up right now

    xo kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man... We had no idea what amazing-ness was about to ensue. Can't wait to read more from this era :)

    ReplyDelete