Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sunday April 25th 2004

So last Monday night I met Ty at the Pour House and ended up going home with him that night. I had a good time but didn't really expect him to call me back. So Thursday rolled around and Jackee and her parents were in town looking at Mass Art and they took me out to dinner over by Quincy Market which was awesome. When I got back over here I realized I had a voicemail from Ty. So whatever. I called him and he asked if I wanted to hang out Thursday night but me, Kate and Kelly were too lazy to go out- we played drinking games in Kel's room all night and had a blast. On Friday Leah and Annie came to town which was fucking awesome. We went to the liquor store and had dinner and stuff, then we pre-gamed while watching the Red Sox DESTROY the Yankees in the Bronx. It was ridiculous, but we shook off the defeat and headed out for the night.
It was Sammy's birthday, and also Joy's brother's birthday and he had a party in his apartment. So we all went there. Ty wasn't there but he said he might stop by, so I called him and he said he'd heard that the party was bad. I simply replied, "Well, I'm here." Sure enough he showed up a little while later. I spent most of the night hanging out with him, but I wouldn't go home with him. Leah was hanging out with this guy who kept telling us that we should go sailing with him on Saturday, but we really didn't think much of it until her phone rang the next morning and woke us up, and it was him, asking about sailing!
When we finally got out of bed we looked out the window and saw a gloriously sunny day- sailing was a must.
So after we ate, me, Leah, Annie, Sammy and Kelly headed over to Boston harbor. The guy works for some sailing club and they were doing some kind of promotional thing. As soon as we got there he took us on our own boat and we sailed around the harbor. It was amazing. It was absolutely spectacular, we could not have asked for a better day to be on the water. We all thanked Leah a lot for the sailing hook-up. After that we walked through the North End a bit and ate at one of the Italian restaurants, then we got gelato at the famous Mike's Pastries. We finished off the afternoon walking around Quincy Market.
Annie's boyfriend picked her up once we got back to campus, and Leah and I made a liquor store run. Later, we went with Kate and Molly to Pour House for some drinks. We were so loud and we just kept taking pictures, nothing beats a Magic Hat #9 on tap! We left by 12:30 so we could catch a T and we went to a party at some girl's apartment that most of my girlfriends' know. It was pretty crowded but we just played a lot of flip-cup, which was fun. It was also my first time doing an ice luge since that horrible night last summer. ugh!
Eventually the keg ran out so a bunch of us decided to go to Chester Street, where we were on Friday night. Everyone went ahead but Leah and I waited for Ty to pick us up. While we were waiting she was talking to some guy, so I had Ty drive all of us over to Chester. When he picked us up there were these friends of his, girls, trying to get a ride but he didn't have room. You could tell that this pissed the girl off because she asked me what year I was and I said "freshman." She gave me such attitude and said, "Oh that's cool. I'm a junior." Oh well, whatever, I hate girls sometimes. We all went to Chester and I hung out with Ty, periodically checking on Leah who was talking to a guy on the fire escape. This pissed junior girl off a lot because she was trying to get his attention - and she complained to Ty about it right in front of me! Pathetic ...
Yesterday Leah and I hung out then she got on a 4pm bus back to New York. I had a fucking great weekend.
Last night I should have been doing homework but I went to Ty's instead. I'm out of here in a week, so nothing's ever gonna come of this, but that's absolutely fine with me. We're just hanging out and having fun. One week though, Jesus. I can't believe we're all leaving. I fucking love it here and I am going to miss my girls here so much it's unbelievable, but I am sort of psyched to go home. I can't believe freshman year is almost over, it all goes by too damn fast! I can't handle it!
I don't want college to end. I've grown accustomed to drinking and partying and not getting any work done. I like life the way it is ... maybe someday I'll kick myself in the ass for being so non-productive in college . Ha! I'm a writing major who does nothing - but I'm not really that concerned. I'm too busy having a great time. Off to bed.

Laura Leigh

For the record, I got great grades in college, particularly my freshman year. Ahhh freshman girls, give us a keg cup and we were ready for anything! But I still drink and party and don't get any work done, so ...

1 comment:

  1. Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty Ty... oh god, that was an awesome weekend! I'll never forget standing at the ATM and watching you walk in after a night with him... I won't go into details. Hopefully you'll have a journal entry about it later ;)

    ReplyDelete