Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, December 25th, 2000

Dear Journal,
On this day, one I hold dear, I was surrounded by my family, my loved ones. It was a beautiful day. Half of my day was spent at my Aunt Mary Jane' house, and some at my Uncle James'. It was nice.
In my desk drawer there are books of my life, tonight I get to add another one to the drawer, and begin to write this one. These white pages hold tremendous possibility. In these pages I will record thoughts, dreams, milestones, successes, and failures, and every word that I write is going to aid in shaping the person that I am going to become. I don't think I am ever going to stop evolving, although deep down, I will remain the same. I do not believe that the person I am today is the exact same person I will be one year from now, and the person I am one year from now is not the exact same person I will be one year from then.
That is beautiful and sad; for everything I gain as a person, I will lose a small part of myself. One of my goals as a human being is to gain as much as possible and lose as little as possible.
Happy Birthday Jesus!

Laura Leigh


I was much more religious as a teenager, which kind of went hand in hand with how unbelievably serious I was. What 15 year old thinks about this shit? All of them? ANY of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment