Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

August 16th 2005

Every time I try to do something normal, it gets fucked up. That's how I knew the sorority would be a fascinating idea.
It's not a complaint, because my unique outcome of seemingly "normal" situations isn't always a bad thing, it's just something I've been aware of.

-LL-

So that is an excerpt from an entry I wrote the summer after my sophomore year of college, after having just spent a semester traveling Europe and living in a Castle in The Netherlands. I guess it's kind of a tease to throw that in there, because if I thought junior high and high school were interesting, I was in for some HUGE surprises in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment