Graceland

There is a girl in New York City, Who calls herself the human trampoline,
And sometimes when I'm falling flying, Or tumbling in turmoil I say-
Whoa so this is what she means.

Paul Simon

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Friday June 14th 2002

Dear Journal,
I should SO be the main character of one of those dorky teenage novels. I swear to God. Okay, two recent prime examples:
1) There is this boy from school that I think is so cute, and the other night I had just gotten out of the shower, put on old shorts and my baja, and walked my dog. He drove by and stopped his car near where I was and got out. Just as he looked over at me my dog decided to take a huge shit, and I knew that if he saw me my dog would be shitting.
Example two, even worse.
2) There is this guy I go to school with who has always been THAT GUY for me. See, I've always felt like the ugliest girl in the world, inferior to everyone. Well in 9th grade I was really in love with him. He was really popular and good-loking, everything I knew I could never have, and it was the most depressing feeling. Well tonight I got to work and found out that he was just hired, so I worked with him. I'm nervous around the whole damn world but especially him. The end of the night came and he asked me for a ride home. Long story short, I dropped him off then hit his fucking mailbox!
He didn't see it, but the fucking thing is all messed up. He's gonna know it was me. My life is fucking unfair man. Unfair.

-Laura Leigh-

So I've always been awkward. It makes me feel a little better to know that high school was probably the best he ever was. I'm just now hitting my mark ... kidding. On another note, my baja, which I still have, is this totally stoner-looking knitted hoodie that I wore nonstop in high school. For senior homecoming our tee shirts were supposed to have our nicknames on them, I never really had one so they made me write Baja on it.
And lastly, I'd let Shane take a shit anywhere on God's green earth if I could have him back. What an amazing pup he was.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I know the baja... And I hear you on high school being the prime and only time for that crush. When I went home for Thanksgiving my HUGE high school crush was bouncing at the dumpy neighborhood bar. We awkward girls always move on to have the more interesting lives than the dreamy crushes of our youth...

    ReplyDelete